Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nasty new web action by installer

May
I really hate the new web action by the installer, bringing even registered users to a webpage to sign up for ... It is esp. detrimental to anyone whose internet access is limited before you need to pay more or some other negative action by the ISP...

I don't know what you're referring to -- there isn't any "new web action by the installer", and it never sends you to a web page to sign up for anything.

The only thing I can think of is that your IP has gotten itself into the "extremely bad boy" list (on Google or Project Honeypot). If you're on the lists, our proxy server (CloudFlare) will require you to enter a captcha before you can connect to the web site. This isn't new; it was implemented about three months ago. (Though your presence on the list might be new.)

If you've got a dynamic IP, then it's likely that one of your neighbors has been misbehaving.

I believe Steve is referring to the browser window that pops up after install of TakeCommand that suggests you sign up for the JPSoft Newsletter. To me it's not a big deal, but it is a window I have to close after install.

As a long time JPSoft customer, I find the browser window opening up pretty annoying, too.

I believe Steve is referring to the browser window that pops up after install of TakeCommand that suggests you sign up for the JPSoft Newsletter. To me it's not a big deal, but it is a window I have to close after install.
Exactly. But one difference is that my ISP MEASURES my usage, and I pay by the volume, or my data rate is reduced 100:1 (or worse). So the extra page of graphics is expensive.