Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

netbook

D

drrob1

I am trying to configure tcmd 11 on my netbook. When I bring up the options screen I cannot see the OK button, and there is no way for me to resize or move the window for me to do this.

Ideas?

I am trying to configure tcmd 11 on my netbook. When I bring up the options screen I cannot see the OK button, and there is no way for me to resize or move the window for me to do this.

Doesn't the Enter key do the same thing?

(If not, you can type Alt-Space, M, then use the cursor keys to move the window around. Awkward, I admit.)

<enter> seems to work.

alt-space, M allows you to see but not touch the bottom buttons.

More than awkward. I consider this a bug, always assuming the screen is
big enough to get access to an entire config screen.

Is there a programmatic way to detect screen size and do something else
if the size is too small to show the config screens?

My limited understanding of windows programming recalls something about
this in Petzold's book, in the beginning chapters.

On 10/19/2010 10:04 PM, Charles Dye wrote:

> ---Quote (Originally by drrob1)---
> I am trying to configure tcmd 11 on my netbook. When I bring up the options screen I cannot see the OK button, and there is no way for me to resize or move the window for me to do this.
> ---End Quote---
> Doesn't the Enter key do the same thing?
>
> (If not, you can type Alt-Space, M, then use the cursor keys to move the window around. Awkward, I admit.)

<enter> alt-space, M allows you to see but not touch the bottom buttons.

My mistake. It seems Windows prevents us from moving the title bar offscreen.

(Intel video chip, like most netbooks? Want a truly hideous workaround? Try pressing Control-Alt-Left; you may have to restore the Take Command window after. Control-Alt-Up returns to normal, not counting moved/resized/minimized windows.)

Yes, a 1024x600 max options dialog would be a nice change for some future version.

</enter>

I just had reason to run OPTION on the Aspire One, and it seems Rex has completely revamped the whole damn dialog. I didn't even have to fiddle with the taskbar to see everything.

Thanks, Rex. It must be a pain to totally rework a complex dialog like that.

I just had reason to run OPTION on the Aspire One, and it seems Rex has completely revamped the whole damn dialog. I didn't even have to fiddle with the taskbar to see everything.

Thanks, Rex. It must be a pain to totally rework a complex dialog like that.

Consider ResEdit when you want to modify existing dialogs. You can obtain this freeware program from http://www.resedit.net.

ResEdit also allows the modification of other resources in an .EXE, including icons, string tables, cursors, menus, etc.

As users of JPSoft products actually have a developer who listens to their requests, ResEdit is really not necessary, but it is a great tool to look inside and see what is what in the .EXE.

Joe

Back