Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

No Help File in 13.04.55?

Aug
Hi,
Yesterday, I updated to 13.04.60.

Today, when I tried to use help, I get nothing, that is, no help file, no error.

I did a search of the directory, and only found;

Code:
 Directory of  C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD13\*.chm

10/17/2011  11:42        368,729  v.chm
          368,729 bytes in 1 file and 0 dirs    372,736 bytes allocated

No tcmd.chm anywhere. I even did a search of my hard drive. No where to be found.

I do know that it was there before the update. Might anyone know where tcmd.chm has gone?

Joe

TCC 13.04.60 Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
TCC Build 60 Windows XP Build 2600 Service Pack 3
Registered to Joe Caverly - 1 System License

Sorry, title for thread should be 13.04.60.

13.04.55 is what I updated from.

Joe

I updated by expanding the installer version of tcmd.exe, which I had downloaded from the ftp: site. It included the version of tcmd.chm internally dated 2012-03-27 (overview page), but with filestamp of 2012-04-09@13:45:52Z (using C. Dye's @filestamp plugin function). Did not use the option /update.

Not reproducible here -- I just tried updating to 13.04.60 on two different systems (32 & 64 bit) and both have tcmd.chm (dated 2012/04/09).

How did you do the update? Have you got anything running on your system (like an antivirus app?) that might have (erroneously) decided to quarantine or delete tcmd.chm?

Not reproducible here -- I just tried updating to 13.04.60 on two different systems (32 & 64 bit) and both have tcmd.chm (dated 2012/04/09).

How did you do the update? Have you got anything running on your system (like an antivirus app?) that might have (erroneously) decided to quarantine or delete tcmd.chm?

From TCC, which is a tab window in TCMD, I type;

Code:
option /u

and let it do it's thing.

I have been using Microsoft Security Essentials for the last couple of years, and it has never caused me any problems. I checked the history of MSE, and is has no record of doing anything with tcmd.chm.

Joe

TCC 13.04.60 Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
TCC Build 60 Windows XP Build 2600 Service Pack 3
Registered to Joe Caverly - 1 System License

Well, you could always
Code:
copy "ftp://ftp.jpsoft.com/help/tcmd.chm" "%@path[%_cmdspec]"

Well, you could always
Code:
copy "ftp://ftp.jpsoft.com/help/tcmd.chm" "%@path[%_cmdspec]"

Done. Forgot the help file was on the ftp site. Thanks.

Still does not explain what happened to it when I did the update, but all is well.

Joe

Correct! V13 users only - if TCMD's installation directory includes v.chm, just delete it. Using TCMD or TCC, of course!
Users of all versions - you can also delete the .dll files of every language that you do not use. This is not likely to have a noticeable effect on your hard drive, but could help with "TCMD on a stick".