Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Done Norton NCD

Aug
Found myself wishing for this today. CDD is nice if you know what you're looking for. Today I wanted a full screen view of the folders on the current drive. Then I could search withing that view.

A graphical interface aka NCD would be great but for now I have used WinNc before - it's quite like NC.

It's slow, kludgy and probably not an ideal solution but when I want/need something like you mentioned, I merely pipe the output from TREE into LIST. That gives me the ability to scroll downward and upward through the list -- unlike a simple TREE /P -- as well as search it. Issuing **\ from a prompt brings up a popup window (for me) listing all the directories but is only as accurate as JPSTREE.IDX is and doesn't have the helpful indenting that TREE provides. That method also includes the directories on all indexed drives, which may not be desirable. You could also simply LIST (or V[IEW]) JPSTREE.IDX, for which I apparently made an alias and forgot about long ago. :-P

The only really distasteful part of piping TREE's output into LIST is having to wait for the tree to be built, and that delay can be significant depending on the starting point of the tree and other circumstances. I can usually live with that since I rarely need a disk-wide tree but your mileage may vary.

Anyway, these were just some ideas without having to use any external utilities.

Just wondering about any TCMD/TCC aliases that would do the same as all variety of options fro mthe last version of Norton CD.Here is the image from the last version released.

ncd_options.png

NCD /R = CDD /S
NCD /N =
etc...

Anyone want to help with aliases for old NCD commands into current TCC/TCMD commands?

Just wondering about any TCMD/TCC aliases that would do the same as all variety of options fro mthe last version of Norton CD.Here is the image from the last version released.

View attachment 711

NCD /R = CDD /S
NCD /N =
etc...

NCD /R = CDD /S
NCD /N =
NCD /V = LABEL
NCD /L =
NCD /A =CDD /A
NCD /P =
NCD /G =
NCD /NG =