Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Open a bash shell in Take Command?

Apr
Hello -

I see it advertised on the website and in the Take Command help files that it's possible to have a Bash shell tab. However, I can't figure out how to get a bash shell tab to open. Even more importantly and to the point, is it possible to execute Bash shell scripts with Take Command? If so, how?

Thanks,
Dan.

I see it advertised on the website and in the Take Command help files that it's possible to have a Bash shell tab. However, I can't figure out how to get a bash shell tab to open.

On the main menu, do Tabs > Run, then enter C:\Cygwin\bin\bash.exe. Or, add a button to the Tabbed Toolbar. Or, do "start /tab C:\Cygwin\bin\bash.exe" in a TCC tab in TC.

I understand now, thanks. I have avoided installing Cygwin and don't plan to - but that's fine, just so that I understand that Take Command does not include its own Bash-compatible command line environment.

Might be helpful for the Take Command documentation to mention this, even with something as simple as having a parenthetical comment in the documentation to the effect of "(via a Cygwin installation, unrelated to Take Command)" to this effect.

Thanks,
Dan.