Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Done Parameter to ignore [Escape] for FFIND /T"XXX" in a file

Escape interrupts FFIND

Example: first line not using ESC during FFIND and second line ESC is pressed and no ffind matches !!!

[0][i:\wrk]ffind /K /M /U /F /T"_MSC_VER=1700" E:\Sls.vs2012.404\bin\CInst.exe & echo %_ffind_matches

[0][i:\wrk]ffind /K /M /U /F /T"_MSC_VER=1700" E:\Sls.vs2012.404\bin\CInst.exe & echo %_ffind_matches

I can reproduce something like that. During the first FFIND below, I pressed Esc several times; during the second, I didn't.

Code:
v:\> ffind /s /k /m /u /f /t"if" d:\*.exe & echo %_ffind_matches

v:\> ffind /s /k /m /u /f /t"if" d:\*.exe & echo %_ffind_matches

It's difficult to reproduce again because after doing it once, data is cached and subsequent searches happen too quickly.

I went back through the FFIND history - the "abort on escape" was added 10 years ago as a (multiple) user request.

So the question is why do you want to press ESC and *not* abort, and why is it a good idea to change existing behavior & make the users who originally requested it unhappy?

This command is used by our srcipts top find a string indicating the compiler used while startiung 4START.BTM to configure the environement. Same .EXE but compiled with differents versions of compilers VC6, VS2012, ....
While opening a TCC prompt, if th user press ESC the ffind is interrupetd and we are unable to find the string :-(
This is the reason why to have a new parametere not to cancel by ESC the ffind execution.

ffind /K /M /U /F /T"_MSC_VER=1700" %SLSDrive\sls\bin\DbgChooser.exe
set v2=%@if[x%_ffind_matches==x1,VS2012,VC6]

Back