Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WAD Paste issue

Apr
Good day,

I would like to report a bug. This is how it occurs: if cygwin shell (D:\progs\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --login -i) is chosen as a startup script for tabs, paste command does not always work. The percentage is about 50%. If I open 10 new tabs, and in all of them cygwin is started, 5 of them wouldn't have paste capabilities. Instead only first latter of the copied string is pasted.

Thank you.

Not reproducible here. I opened 20 bash tab windows, and had no problems pasting the clipboard contents into all of them.

Can you provide a lot more information, preferably in great detail describing exactly what you're doing to:

1) Open the bash tab windows
2) Select text to copy
3) Paste the text (menu? context menu? keyboard shortcut?)

And what version of Take Command, Windows, and Cygwin you're using.

I'm not the original reporter of this issue, but up until a few minutes ago I was able to reproduce it with almost 100% consistency in my setup. Here's some info about my configuration:

Windows 7 64-bit
TakeCommand v14.03.53 x64
GNU bash, version 4.1.10(4)-release (i686-pc-cygwin)
CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64 BBKOL28MRLQ1 1.7.17(0.262/5/3) 2012-10-19 14:39 i686 Cygwin

Bash tab windows are preconfigured in Configure Take Command.
Text selected by any means from any other window.
Paste text using context menu.

Only first letter or first few letters get pasted.

FWIW, this seemed to go away after I removed the " --login -i" from the end of the command invoking bash

Hopefully this might help anyone else having this problem.

Season's Greetings!