Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined pause status

Jun
Often I sit waiting for a task to complete in a TCC window, then get suspious that it is paused. I click and hit space. Sometimes off it goes. Sometimes nothing happens. Did I just pause it or unpause it?

I would like it if there were some visual indicator if a window is paused. I asked for some help with this problem some time ago and was told this is Window's domain and there is nothing can be done to fix it. I have written scrolling log windows in Java. It was not that difficult. Perhaps if TCC took over that function, it could add additonal functionality, such as a pause indicator and optional slow scroll.

You could also implement a UTF-8 console that could display the most of the Unicode glyph set. The IBM-OEM is a bit dated.

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 08:59:23 -0500, Roedy <> wrote:

|Often I sit waiting for a task to complete in a TCC window, then get suspious that it is paused. I click and hit space. Sometimes off it goes. Sometimes nothing happens. Did I just pause it or unpause it?
|
|I would like it if there were some visual indicator if a window is paused. I asked for some help with this problem some time ago and was told this is Window's domain and there is nothing can be done to fix it. I have written scrolling log windows in Java. It was not that difficult. Perhaps if TCC took over that function, it could add additonal functionality, such as a pause indicator and optional slow scroll.

What's pausing? Tasks of all kinds generally don't pause when they're not
expected to. If an EXE running in the same console as TCC decides unilaterally
to pause, I doubt TCC is capable of even knowing about it. The only other ways
I know of pausing a console or what's running in it are ones the user should
know about (PAUSE, DELAY, PRIORITY /S, left-click with QuickEdit on). I don't
really understand what you're asking.