Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Done permanent changes to status bar

Mar
Clicking on the TCMD status bar allow a user to change the fields displayed. These change seem to go away after a restart. There should be a way to make these changes permanent.

Clicking on the TCMD status bar allow a user to change the fields displayed. These change seem to go away after a restart. There should be a way to make these changes permanent.

They are permanent -- unless you've got something blocking your registry writes. The status bar changes are written to the "HKCU\Software\JP Software\Take Command 12\Settings" key.

One would think so. There are several subkeys set here but the latest date of change appears to be when I last updated Tcmd. The normallayout key is blank. Can shralias affect this? I changed the bar and then called up a new copy of TCMD and it had the default settings. After rebooting my changes also went away.

One would think so. There are several subkeys set here but the latest date of change appears to be when I last updated Tcmd. The normallayout key is blank. Can shralias affect this? I changed the bar and then called up a new copy of TCMD and it had the default settings. After rebooting my changes also went away.

SHRALIAS cannot affect this.

Does *anything* get saved (for example, resizing the TCMD window)? If not, you'll have to figure out what is blocking your registry writes. Are you running as an administrator or limited user?

SHRALIAS cannot affect this.

Does *anything* get saved (for example, resizing the TCMD window)? If not, you'll have to figure out what is blocking your registry writes. Are you running as an administrator or limited user?
TCMD does remember the changes to settings but it seems only if I use the exit command from the file menu. When I exited via the reboot/s command, I the registry gets updated. The view settings and size may also be updated with the reboot command.

TCMD does remember the changes to settings but it seems only if I use the exit command from the file menu. When I exited via the reboot/s command, I the registry gets updated. The view settings and size may also be updated with the reboot command.

Definitely not recommended -- a REBOOT /S is run inside TCC, not TCMD, and results in everything else in your system being (abruptly) shut down. This means that TCMD will not get a chance to save its settings.

Definitely not recommended -- a REBOOT /S is run inside TCC, not TCMD, and results in everything else in your system being (abruptly) shut down. This means that TCMD will not get a chance to save its settings.
How is one to safely shutdown the system? The documentation for reboot says:

<table style="line-height: normal;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody> <tr style="vertical-align: baseline;" valign="baseline"> <td width="48">/S</td> <td>Shut down the system, but do not reboot. This is equivalent to selecting Shutdown from the Start menu, then selecting "Shut down the computer" in the shutdown dialog.</td></tr></tbody></table>The start menu about the only other way I know to safely shutdown and the /s is supposed to be the equivalent

Close your apps, then shut down your system.
Actually it is good that TCMD doesn't respond to the shutdown message and save its settings. It allows me to change the bar and view and other settings and not have them made permanent unless I directly shutdown TCMD. It's seems a nice feature.

Back