Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PLUGIN command?

May
The help (console and CHM) for PLUGIN suggests that you can see the commands and functions (but not variables?) in a single plugin:

Code:
Usage : PLUGIN [/B plugin /C /F /I plugin /K /L plugin /P /U plugin /V]

But it doesn't work. In fact, I don't really understand that line (above) from the help. It seems to be saying you can follow (or precede?) any option but "/V" with w plugin name.

As with many commands, Rex is listing the options in alphabetical order. Three of them -- /B, /I, and /U -- may take a plugin name as an argument.

(Later: And /L too, of course. Though the argument to /L should perhaps be called a 'filename' rather than a 'plugin' name.)

The help (console and CHM) for PLUGIN suggests that you can see the commands and functions (but not variables?) in a single plugin:

Code:
Usage : PLUGIN [/B plugin /C /F /I plugin /K /L plugin /P /U plugin /V]

But it doesn't work. In fact, I don't really understand that line (above) from the help. It seems to be saying you can follow (or precede?) any option but "/V" with w plugin name.
As with many commands, Rex is listing the options in alphabetical order. Three of them -- /B, /I, and /U -- may take a plugin name as an argument.

(Later: And /L too, of course. Though the argument to /L should perhaps be called a 'filename' rather than a 'plugin' name.)

Well, the help seems to put /C and /F in the same category as /I, /K in the same category as /L, /P in the same category as /U, and /V dangling at the end. Alphabetical order or not, it doesn't make much sense to me (or coincide with how it actually works).
Code:
PLUGIN [/B plugin /C /F /I plugin /K /L plugin /P /U plugin /V]

Now I get it. The "|"s are missing. It means [/B plugin | /C | /F | /I plugin | /K | /L plugin | /P | /U plugin | /V].

ECHO (for example) has them. ECHO [ON | OFF | message]

DIR lumps options together. /BCDEFGH /JKLM /PQR /VWXZ

(Making excuses now) It's easy to become confused.

ECHO can only take one type of argument, so the OR means something there. It wouldn't be possible to create an understandable command summary (certainly not in a line or two) with something like DIR or PLUGIN, that accept multiple options, with a few mutually exclusive ones. That's why there's the full help (tcmd.chm). The command line help is only there to remind you of options, not to display all possible variations of command syntax.