Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Portable mode

Sep
Installing TCMD on a USB is a nice option - but these dyas I prefer to only be dependent on the net.

My wish is to be able to use TCC on other peoples computers without installing it.

For this purpose I would expect that TCC could run only one intance at a time (checking license on each startup and at defined intervals).

This tool has a similar option during install: Advanced IP Scanner - Download Free Network Scanner.

I would prefer a separate download, and only for those that have a "JP account".

-stein

TCC-RT - sure - I am thinking on situations where I just need TCC to execute a few commands - ad-hoc - running commands, not scripts.

Now I just download TCC/LE. - but it has limited set of features.

Guess the license issue is the most complicated to solve.

I just use TCC/LE for this kind of thing. It runs happily from a flash drive; no need for licensing or special installation.

TCC/LE - sure, as I wrote just before your post - but TCC/LE does not support a few features I really need. Installing full TCMD/TRIAL is of course another approach, but portable mode could be 3x faster.

Well, probably there are more important features - but it happens that my wishes come true 4-5 after they are written :)

TCC-RT - sure - I am thinking on situations where I just need TCC to execute a few commands - ad-hoc - running commands, not scripts.

Now I just download TCC/LE. - but it has limited set of features.

Guess the license issue is the most complicated to solve.

This is a quick-and-dirty command line for TCC-RT that I use;

Code:
@setlocal
@echo off
set thecmd=*ver
do forever
eset thecmd
if %thecmd eq exit quit
iff defined thecmd then
  call %thecmd
  echo.
else
  set thecmd=*ver
endiff
enddo
endlocal

Code:
c:\users\jlc\utils>"C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCC_RT_23\tcc.exe" /I /Q /C tcccmd.btm
thecmd=*ver

TCC-RT  23.00.28 x64   Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]

thecmd=exit

c:\users\jlc\utils>

Joe

Thanks for the tip - guess I should try this or something similar before "wasting more space" in the Suggestions forum - better suited for "Tips & Tricks".

At least I learned a few things for giving the suggestion - and - sometime I would hope it come - I like xcopy deployment of applications on my own computers.

But licensing....

Back