Done Preserves directory attributes for COPYDIR & COPY

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
COPYDIR and COPY do not modify the directory attributes - I presume what you're asking for is that when COPYDIR and COPY create a new directory they (optionally) should copy the attributes of the source directory?

IIRC, I tried that way back in the 4DOS days and had to abandon it because of compatibility complaints. I'll have to try it with CMD and see what it does.

Jan 12, 2014
Switzerland, SO
COPYDIR and COPY do not modify the directory attributes - I presume what you're asking for is that when COPYDIR and COPY create a new directory they (optionally) should copy the attributes of the source directory?
Yes, exactly.

IIRC, I tried that way back in the 4DOS days and had to abandon it because of compatibility complaints. I'll have to try it with CMD and see what it does.
Ok, all right, thank you!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Joe Caverly Done FTP / HTTP URLs in directory aliases Suggestions 2
D Duplicate directory path and copy files and subdirectories. Suggestions 4
D Done bash style directory bookmarks Suggestions 9
R Declined History: show in which directory a command has been typed. Suggestions 6
mfarah Done TCEDIT: Edit ⇒ Insert Directory, Filename... how about date/time as well? Suggestions 0
D Done @expand should support directory aliases. Suggestions 0
thorntonpg Done Goto folder in file explorer from the current directory in the tcc prompt Suggestions 7
joltcoder Done Support an "up" command to go to parent directory and "up3" to go up 3 directories, etc. Suggestions 4
M Done Allow a full search in the directory history Suggestions 2
rps Done Command and directory history pop-up additions Suggestions 2
mfarah Declined (Filename and)Directory completion keystroke: "stop cycling here and cycle through one level deeper" Suggestions 13
JohnQSmith Done Extended Directory Search Suggestions 11
J Directory Aliases and file:// Suggestions 0
Simon Done Natively query active directory Suggestions 3
S Done Extended directory search database Suggestions 2
S Done Automatic quoting of directory and file names Suggestions 0
S Done Duplicates for Directory History Suggestions 2
S Done GLOBAL command start directory Suggestions 1
Charles Dye Declined High-order console attributes Suggestions 0