Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Documentation Primary and Secondary Shells

Feb
The last sentence on the help page for initialisation files (TCC > Configuration > Initialization Files) says "See Primary and Secondary Shells for an explanation of those terms." There is no hyperlink in the sentence and I can't find a specific topic in the help file that covers primary and secondary shells, although they do get mentioned and explained in a few other topics.

If there is a topic that explains primary and secondary shells and I've missed it then I suggest hyperlinking to it from that last sentence of the TCC > Configuration > Initialization Files page. If not I suggest adding a short topic to the reference section of the help to explain it and hyperlinking to it from TCC > Configuration > Initialization Files.

Dan

It's an obsolete concept (left over from DOS days), though some users don't want to let go of the idea.

Well I did wonder if it was a hangover from the days of 4DOS, I seem to remember using %_shell in those days, but haven't used it for years now.

Back