Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Printed Take Command Manual

Jan
Can one purchase a printed copy of the Take Command 17.0 manual ?

If not, is it ok to have the .pdf file printed ?

I have some (valuable) antiques I'd sell to the highest bidder ... 4DOS/4OS2 manuals from 1995 and 1997 and a 4DOS/4NT/TakeCommand manual from 2003.

I think that was the original TC which was its own command processor. Rex, do you ever think of resurrecting that idea?

I think that was the original TC which was its own command processor. Rex, do you ever think of resurrecting that idea?

No. It was easy to create a GUI command processor -- the hard part was running a console app in that window. So since I have to have all of that console support code there anyway, there isn't any point in having to write & maintain two command processors + the tabbed GUI interface.

(Since you never used the GUI TCMD command processor, I'm unclear why you would suggest reviving it?)

No. It was easy to create a GUI command processor -- the hard part was running a console app in that window. So since I have to have all of that console support code there anyway, there isn't any point in having to write & maintain two command processors + the tabbed GUI interface.

(Since you never used the GUI TCMD command processor, I'm unclear why you would suggest reviving it?)
I wasn't suggesting anything ... just curious.

If you expect TC16/PM/32 to be the same as 4DOS/4OS2/4NT, you would be sadly mistaken.

But you can use it to host command-line utilities and rexx scripts, and that it's more 'gui' than 4dos/os2/nt means you can resize the window freely, and use it as a source for cut and paste into other documents. I have a copy of tcmd32 sitting on the quicklaunch in windows 2000 especially for that end.

But yes, i remember caveman too. Jolly good bloke.