Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Problem with "back tick"

May
Folks,

in the .NET programming world, I have a tool I need to use to create C# code from WSDL/XSD files.

This "svcutil" tool requires me to specify a "back tick" on the command line, like this:

svcutil.exe (some files specified) /ct:System.Collections.Generic.List`1

Trouble is - when I try to execute this as a *.cmd or *.btm file, TCMD (v9 and v10) just tells me: " No closing quote" .....

Well, duh - it's not a "opening-and-closing quote" what I need here - I need to be able to specify the back-tick as a parameter to svcutil.

How can I do that????

Marc

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 06:54:41 -0500, mscheuner <> wrote:

|This "svcutil" tool requires me to specify a "back tick" on the command line, like this:
|
|svcutil.exe (some files specified) /ct:System.Collections.Generic.List`1
|
|Trouble is - when I try to execute this as a *.cmd or *.btm file, TCMD (v9 and v10) just tells me: " No closing quote" .....
|
|Well, duh - it's not a "opening-and-closing quote" what I need here - I need to be able to specify the back-tick as a parameter to svcutil.
|
|How can I do that????

v:\> echoargs.exe filename /ct:System.Collections.Generic.List^k1
echoargs.exe
filename
/ct:System.Collections.Generic.List`1
--
- Vince

echo %=`

The %= escapes the next character from being handled specially.

Or, use "setdos /x-7" which will remove "Quoting (affects back-quotes
[`] and double quotes ["]) and square brackets)"

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 4:54 AM, mscheuner <> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> in the .NET programming world, I have a tool I need to use to create C# code from WSDL/XSD files.
>
> This "svcutil" tool requires me to specify a "back tick" on the command line, like this:
>
> svcutil.exe (some files specified) /ct:System.Collections.Generic.List`1
>
> Trouble is - when I try to execute this as a *.cmd or *.btm file, TCMD (v9 and v10) just tells me: " No closing quote" .....
>
> Well, duh - it's not a "opening-and-closing quote" what I need here - I need to be able to specify the back-tick as a parameter to svcutil.
>
> How can I do that????
>
> Marc
>
>
>
>
>

--
Jim Cook
2009 Saturdays: 4/4, 6/6, 8/8, 10/10, 12/12 and 5/9, 9/5, 7/11, 11/7.
Next year they're Sunday.