Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Problems receiving well formatted email

May
(Apologies if my email actually comes through and duplicates this.)

I don't believe I've changed anything in my settings in either Gmail or the forums here.

Recently, the email I receive doesn't render in HTML, instead I see the tags themselves.

Is anyone else seeing odd rendering behavior when receiving email recently?

I normally render as plain text (using monospace font). I cannot answer the question you posed (hence not quoting it). However, today I tried to post several messages, into two different fora, using the email interface, identically to all my previous posts. None was actually posted, even several hours (7 h 27 min as of this instance) later. I finally decided to post via browser, an obnoxious process.

I, too, see the prefixing of the actual poster's name by "JP Software Forums" and the use of the "username" of the web browser as secondary "from".

It would be much less annoying if the actual forum's name were included, without the generic "JP Software Forums".

It seems that the user name which you need to specify via the browser interface to create your account can include whitespace and other special characters, e.g., "Josh Jeppson" or "Vince Fatica", which would make the poster's name easier to recognize (esp. after the removal of the "JP Software Forums").
--
Steve

Yes, I see the same thing. It comes to me in Plain Text, but it's got
all of the HTML tags in it. (I removed all of the HTML formatting from
the text below so it would be readable.)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 12:43 PM
To: Mickey Ferguson
Subject: [Open Forum-t-474] Problems receiving well formatted email

I don't believe I've changed anything in my settings in either Gmail or
the forums here.

Recently, the email I receive doesn't render in HTML, instead I see the
tags themselves.

Is anyone else seeing odd rendering behavior when receiving email
recently?

Back