Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Documentation Python support

Oct
Hello -- Has there been any thought of not using the active state version of python? -- It seems that TCC is "bound" to a specific version of the python release --

Once active state moves to the next release, its impossible to find older version?

Does anyone know were to find version 3.1?

Hello -- Thanks for the reply .... the posted link to python 3.1 was the public domain version, not active state -- tcc willl
only work with active state --

The version of tcc I am using will just work with version 3.1 or 2.5 / 2.6 -- again does anyone know were to fine these
active state versions? Active state will "sell" me older version at a very steep cost !

You might be able to locate AS 3.1 on the wayback internet machine. web.archive.org/

Hello -- thanks for the info .... I was able to find the ":way back" page but the download page was protected by a robots.txt.
so it was not saved

Hello -- thanks for the info .... I was able to find the ":way back" page but the download page was protected by a robots.txt.
so it was not saved

Hello -- Thanks for your reply .... what version of tcc did it star to use any version of python that it could find?

Version 10. But back then the only Windows version of Python (unless you built it yourself) was from ActiveState.

TCC looks for pythonxx.dll, where "xx" is 36, 35, 34, etc. Provided you have that dll somewhere in your path (and any additional modules required by Python), and provided it uses the default API names, TCC will work with it.

thanks for the info .... so take v18 will look for that dll?

This is sort of connected -- I was looking at RUBY support -- and the ruby dll has a very un-standard name -- what name is Take looking for? I noticed that in the options screen that the RUBY option is gray'ed out

Thanks

thanks for the info .... so take v18 will look for that dll?

Yes. V18 will only look for python33.dll or earlier, because that's what existed when v18 was released.

This is sort of connected -- I was looking at RUBY support -- and the ruby dll has a very un-standard name -- what name is Take looking for? I noticed that in the options screen that the RUBY option is gray'ed out

The Ruby developers broke the embedded Windows support several years ago. The Ruby option in TCC is disabled until they fix it -- though it's looking like they don't have any plans to ever do so.