1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to? query about CDD

Discussion in 'Support' started by Charles G, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Charles G

I need some assistance with how to do the following please. I have done a CDD /S so the jpstree.idx is fully updated. Then I use another program (windows explorer, etc) to delete a folder. I then try to switcvh to that non-exisatant folder then of course TCC/TCMD can not switch to that folder. How can I, in this case, automatically have the jpstree.idx updated? I guess it would be something with POST_EXEC but am unsure of how to do this. And I mean to call CDD /D <folder to remove> ...

Thanks in advance.

2. Steve Fabian

The only thing I know of that you could do in TCC is to use the FOLDERMONITOR command. I suspect a single FOLDERMONITOR thread can monitor only a single disk volume (actually a single directory tree, which can be the root of a volume) but it can detect any action in the tree that would warrant updating the index file (new directory creation and renaming in addition to directory deletion). I have no idea of the performance penalty it might cause - probably less significant than trouble you are having.