Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

quotes and special characters

Oct
Hello --- I been working with my music library. I use command like FLAC and LAME and all the TAG values are
specified on the command line. I came across an issue when one of the value contained a %

I quote all values that have blanks in it, but the command process will still process any % in the text.

As recall, in Unix I could use the apostrophe (') and not the quote (") and characters between the apostrophe
is taken as-is. Does TCC have any such option like this? Thanks

not sure if I missed something here, but I used the back-quote () on a file name that contained a quote (") --- the metaflac program failed with a rc=1 and the error message indicated that it could not find the file --- I rename the changing the % to 'p' and it worked with no issues --- here is the command line used cmd -> metaflac.exe --no-utf8-convert --export-tags-to=C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Temp\tags--98fc65d0-bf0c-4217-826d-168e77c86128.txt i:\work4\reprieve\06 78% h2o.flac`

not sure if I missed something here, but I used the back-quote () on a file name that contained a quote (") --- the metaflac program failed with a rc=1 and the error message indicated that it could not find the file --- I rename the changing the % to 'p' and it worked with no issues --- here is the command line used cmd -> metaflac.exe --no-utf8-convert --export-tags-to=C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Temp\tags--98fc65d0-bf0c-4217-826d-168e77c86128.txt i:\work4\reprieve\06 78% h2o.flac`

I only see the trailing back quote. You also need one at the beginning of the filename.

Back