Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Done RE: Comparison to other consoles...

Sep
Couldn't add a comment to the blog entry. Says I needed to click a box to say I was a human; but this human is too dumb to find that box. :)

I'd be interested to see the open source iTerm2 for OSX added to the list.

It now has built in integration with Tmux; triggers based on console output regexp matches; silly coprocess stuff (http://www.iterm2.com/coprocesses.html#/section/home); visor style system hot-key drop downs, and more more more. http://www.iterm2.com/#/section/features/instant_replay

I'd rather comment this in the BLogs but due to the error mentioned by JRohde I can't...

Nevertheless. I think it's somewhat inappropriate to compare TCC to apps like MinTTY as they - more or less - provide a "Terminal" replacement. You wouldn't compare bash with Terminal either. What about a comparison with TCC and zsh?

I'd rather comment this in the BLogs but due to the error mentioned by JRohde I can't...

This is somewhat surprising, given that I get a couple of dozen Chinese comment spammers registering every day!

How exactly are you registering / leaving comments?

Nevertheless. I think it's somewhat inappropriate to compare TCC to apps like MinTTY as they - more or less - provide a "Terminal" replacement. You wouldn't compare bash with Terminal either. What about a comparison with TCC and zsh?

I agree -- but I'm not comparing TCC and MinTTY, I'm comparing Take Command and MinTTY, which both replace the Windows console interface.

After doing the Take Command / MinTTY / Console / PowerCMD / PromptPal / Terminal / Konsole / iTerm2 / etc. comparisons, I intend to do another series comparing TCC to other command processors (CMD, PowerShell, bash, tcsh, zsh, etc.).

But why do we need to look in three separate locations, each with its unique UI - the forum, the blog, and the feedback? Isn't the purpose of the "Open Forum" the same as the blog? And isn't voting the only feature of the feedback forum not included in the "Suggestions" forum, which previously was the only acceptable venue? Yet the "Take Command Major Updates Poll" is in the Support forum. Isn't one of the major points of TCMD that it is a whole toolbox so you need almost nothing else - so why do we need three separate interfaces to discuss it?

@Steve
I totally agree!

@Rex
I didn't verify my login state when I tried to post (so this goes on my account); however, I can only support Steve's statement...

But why do we need to look in three separate locations, each with its unique UI - the forum, the blog, and the feedback? Isn't the purpose of the "Open Forum" the same as the blog? And isn't voting the only feature of the feedback forum not included in the "Suggestions" forum, which previously was the only acceptable venue? Yet the "Take Command Major Updates Poll" is in the Support forum. Isn't one of the major points of TCMD that it is a whole toolbox so you need almost nothing else - so why do we need three separate interfaces to discuss it?

Different audiences, different marketing purposes, and different capabilities of the forum, UserVoice, and the blog. There is nothing that combines all the necessary attributes in a single package.

(And I don't have the free time to spend the next couple of years writing an unnecessary agglomeration!)

Back