Fixed Register for all users doesn't register for all users

Aug 28, 2008
I just upgraded to TakeCommand 16 and used the option to register for all users on my system (yes, I'm running as an administer account). But when I log on as a different user and launch TakeCommand 16, it gives me the popup dialog asking me to register or continue my evaluation. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

Oct 29, 2008
I encountered the same issue, twice.

Once when running under a standard account and elevating under a different account (logged in as "user" elevate as "admin"), once when running elevated under an administrator (logged in as "admin" and elevate).

Aug 28, 2008
I'm not sure I understand. Does that mean you want me to invoke TakeCommand by right clicking the icon and choosing to "Run as Administrator" when I'm already logged in as Administrator? And that will somehow be different?

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
I'm not sure I understand. Does that mean you want me to invoke TakeCommand by right clicking the icon and choosing to "Run as Administrator" when I'm already logged in as Administrator? And that will somehow be different?

Yes, that's what I want you to do, and yes, that will be (completely) different regarding the registry access Windows will grant you.

Oct 29, 2008
And yes, I am doing that. I tried elevating from a user account and from an Administrator account. Neither one would successfully register all users.

Install from user account, uncheck start TCMD, right-click tcmd.exe and “Run as Administrator”, enter admin user/password, click “Register”, enter code & check all users box, shows as registered, exit TCMD, start as regular user, not registered.

Install from admin account, uncheck start TCMD, right-click tcmd.exe and “Run as Administrator”, click OK, click “Register”, enter code & check all users box, enter code, shows as registered, Log off admin account, log in user account, start as regular user, not registered.

Aug 28, 2008
Sorry, but that makes no difference, which I personally consider a victory for sanity. I restarted the system, logged on as administrator, ran TakeCommand as administrator, registered, dismissed the success dialog, logged off, restarted, logged on as a different user, and got the evaluation prompt again. Any other ideas?

Aug 28, 2008
Using the 'OPTION' command gives me a dialog that doesn't have a registration option as near as I can tell. Using the ribbon button to configure take command gets the job done, however, so I'm all set. Thanks!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
millardjk Register TC13 for all users? Support 12
P Take Command 24 will not register Support 2
Eric Peters New Computer, unable to register Support 3
A Unable to register TC23 Support 1
P How to? Register offline? Support 1
K Unable to register TakeCommand Support 4
W Unable to register TCMD v21 Support 16
John Daly can't register TCC Support 14
Alpengreis How to? Installed v18 Beta - how buy/register? Support 2
fishman@panix.com Do you really have to be connected to the Internet to register? Support 1
SB-Robert Old 4NT Won't Register - Options? Support 8
S How to? Register all JPsoft products at once Support 1
joltcoder Receiving timeouts when attempting to register software. Support 4
ehab aboudaya Random Register reminder on new tab annoyance Support 4
fishman@panix.com How do I buy and register Version 15? Support 6
vefatica IsLicense50.dll failed to register Support 14
S Cant register version 13.00 Support 4
Y Unable to register v13. Support 1
C Cannot register v12.10 without Internet access Support 19
K Refuses to register Support 3
noahcoad Register from Command Line Support 1
mscheuner TCMD 8 - cannot register on Vista x64 Support 0
B when doing SFTP via IFTP to my secure site my users always get the finger print key prompt Support 1
jbanaszczyk Users' solutions Support 4
S How to? Install TCMD for ALL users Support 5
L How to easily cd to \users\name? Support 8
Jeff Everything search doesn't work Support 16
vefatica Setting array variable ignores leading spaces (and @execarray doesn't) Support 4
MickeyF Why doesn't my python program get executed without specifying its path? Support 2
gworley Virtual network drive filename completion doesn’t get directories Support 0
vefatica Win10's ANSI doesn't like 2>NUL Support 10
vefatica Win10, alternative screen buffer, cursor doesn't blink Support 11
M Trying to use ffind with a @file.lst doesn't work Support 4
Charles Dye Ctrl-Shift-Up doesn't update directory history Support 1
gschizas Take Command (Environment) doesn't show v2 ANSI colors Support 30
vefatica Fixed JOBS /K doesn't work Support 2
E Fixed SHRALIAS doesn't work / SHRALIAS.EXE is missing in v20.11.35 Support 2
D WAD Reboot doesn't shutdown or restart Support 13
M Documentation Q.Search doesn't support selection? Support 1
R Fixed 7ZIP Compression Method Option Doesn't Work Support 1
T Regex engine doesn't recognize native DOS line endings Support 2
E Fixed DEDUPE doesn't handle filenames with whitespace properly when symlinking Support 1
D Docking doesn't persist Support 5
E WAD DESCRIBE under TCC 19 doesn't work with diacritics Support 14
C VIEW PRINT /Wrap doesn't work Support 0
D CD doesn't always find everything Support 8
M View doesn't recognize Ctrl+End and Ctrl+Pos1 Support 2
M Ctrl-End doesn't work. DelToEnd is not executed Support 13
B Fixed FFIND doesn't find last character in file without CR/LF at EOF Support 1
G .BTM association doesn't work anymore Support 1