Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fixed Register for all users doesn't register for all users

Aug
I just upgraded to TakeCommand 16 and used the option to register for all users on my system (yes, I'm running as an administer account). But when I log on as a different user and launch TakeCommand 16, it gives me the popup dialog asking me to register or continue my evaluation. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

I encountered the same issue, twice.

Once when running under a standard account and elevating under a different account (logged in as "user" elevate as "admin"), once when running elevated under an administrator (logged in as "admin" and elevate).

I'm not sure I understand. Does that mean you want me to invoke TakeCommand by right clicking the icon and choosing to "Run as Administrator" when I'm already logged in as Administrator? And that will somehow be different?

I'm not sure I understand. Does that mean you want me to invoke TakeCommand by right clicking the icon and choosing to "Run as Administrator" when I'm already logged in as Administrator? And that will somehow be different?

Yes, that's what I want you to do, and yes, that will be (completely) different regarding the registry access Windows will grant you.

And yes, I am doing that. I tried elevating from a user account and from an Administrator account. Neither one would successfully register all users.

Install from user account, uncheck start TCMD, right-click tcmd.exe and “Run as Administrator”, enter admin user/password, click “Register”, enter code & check all users box, shows as registered, exit TCMD, start as regular user, not registered.

Install from admin account, uncheck start TCMD, right-click tcmd.exe and “Run as Administrator”, click OK, click “Register”, enter code & check all users box, enter code, shows as registered, Log off admin account, log in user account, start as regular user, not registered.

Sorry, but that makes no difference, which I personally consider a victory for sanity. I restarted the system, logged on as administrator, ran TakeCommand as administrator, registered, dismissed the success dialog, logged off, restarted, logged on as a different user, and got the evaluation prompt again. Any other ideas?

Using the 'OPTION' command gives me a dialog that doesn't have a registration option as near as I can tell. Using the ribbon button to configure take command gets the job done, however, so I'm all set. Thanks!