Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Reinstalled OS and now TCC says "All the available licenses have been activated"

Dec
The IT department at my company reimiged my PC last night.

I reinstalled TCC but now it says "All the available licenses have been activated" when I try to register it.

Perhaps it is because I registered V14.0 and I am installing V14.03.59?

Here is the header from the registered email from Jan...

------Original Message------
To: Mark Johnson
ReplyTo: JP Software Support
Subject: Your Take Command v14.0 Upgrade Registration Key
Sent: Jan 23, 2013 2:51 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Command Version 14.0
Order: JPS130123-2019-90113
Name: Mark Johnson - 1 System License
(Key not shown for security...)

More info...

I removed the V14.03.59 and installed an older one (named: tcmdx64v14.exe ) I think was pure V14.0. However, it still said the same thing when trying to register it also...

I went ahead and then upgraded it on to the V14.03.59 that I have...

(BTW. I have been using TCC / 4nt / 4dos since it was "4DOS" (a replacement for the at that time DOS V3.x) - Wow - that was a LONG time ago!!!!)

The IT department at my company reimiged my PC last night.

I reinstalled TCC but now it says "All the available licenses have been activated" when I try to register it.

Hi Mark:

You currently have three systems activated for that license (the maximum allowable for a single-system license):

CHKBHCZTR1
GAIL
CHK9N80FQ1

Let me know which one(s) you want to deactivate.

You also have a v15 license that doesn't have any activations; you might prefer to use that!

Hi Mark:

You currently have three systems activated for that license (the maximum allowable for a single-system license):

CHKBHCZTR1
GAIL
CHK9N80FQ1

Let me know which one(s) you want to deactivate.

You also have a v15 license that doesn't have any activations; you might prefer to use that!
==============================================================
Rex,

1.) Outstanding! - Can you email me ([email protected]) the v15 license key and I will upgrade my software to that version.
2.) Please Deactivate "CHKBHCZTR1" and "CHK9N80FQ1".
The current computer (after they reimaged it) is: "ACMBHCZTR1". This is the one I will put the V15 on.
Our company keeps reimaging our systems and the computer name keeps changing. I guess that is what triggeres it.
3.) If they do this again, can I deactivate a PC name on my own, or deinstall the software before they reimage the computer?
Just trying to cut down on the stuff you gotta deal with!

Thanks in advance,

--Mark Johnson
(Account: Peniel02)

1) I resent the v15 key; let me know if you didn't receive it.
2) Done.
3) You can't deactivate a PC on your own. We did have this option several years ago, but found that users couldn't resist clicking on the "unregister" button to see what it would do. And then discover that they couldn't find their registration email. We averaged 20+ requests for replacement keys per week; since removing the unregister option we're down to 1 or 2 per week.

3) You can't deactivate a PC on your own. We did have this option several years ago, but found that users couldn't resist clicking on the "unregister" button to see what it would do. And then discover that they couldn't find their registration email. We averaged 20+ requests for replacement keys per week; since removing the unregister option we're down to 1 or 2 per week.

Perhaps if the Unregister button were to open a dialog which requires the user to enter the product key before proceeding...?

Perhaps if the Unregister button were to open a dialog which requires the user to enter the product key before proceeding...?
That's a really good idea.

+1

Of course, being a person incapable of throwing anything away, I have trouble understanding this “lost registration code” concept.

Needle in haystack. It's there, but where, oh where?
I keep all of mine in a single file, .INI style, each version a separate section, with username and key entries. Easily retrievable using @INIREAD.

That would allow temporary registration of TCC when all I am doing is cleaning a used PC to be donated for charitable purposes, which I do often.