1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Release notes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JohnQSmith, Jul 27, 2012.

1. JohnQSmith

When posting release notes, flavoring text should be eliminated. From my experience, users don't want to know if the bug was "erratic" or "rare" or only occurred when "many" characters were repeated. By posting words like this, it seems that you are putting blame on the user for using the software incorrectly and thus exposing the problem.

If you are planning to continue this you should probably at least change the "(many)" to say "(any)" since one of the examples provided completely destroyed all repeated characters starting at the second character.

2. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

The descriptions are there at the request of our corporate customers, who want to know whether a particular upgrade is critical or only affects a small number of users. (They really don't want to roll out updates on a few thousand machines every few days!)

3. Gilad Raz

I'm fine with the "(flavors)" - they give some (minor) glimpse into the extent of the bug, and are very interesting. Being a programmer myself, I like to understand even more details about the extent of the bug and its cause conditions.

Cheers,
    Gilad