Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Reorganizing Take Command toolbars

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
May
Staff member
You can change the order of the buttons on Take Command's toolbars. I'm describing this process because it doesn't seem to be documented, and in my opinion it's highly non-obvious. The toolbars in question are TC's "Explorer" toolbar (right below the menu bar -- the one with V, Edit/Debug, Find, and so on) and the batch debugger's toolbar (again, just below the menu bar).

To reorder the buttons on the toolbar, open the Customize dialog (right-click on the toolbar and choose "Customize...") and then drag the dialog out of the way. Once the dialog is open, you can drag the buttons to the left or right on the toolbar -- not in the dialog somewhere, but on the actual toolbar. To remove a button, drag it off of the toolbar. To add or remove a divider (the vertical bar between groups of related buttons), right-click on the button to the right, then click on "Begin a Group" (the last item in the context menu for the button).

You can also add new buttons to the toolbar. The available buttons correspond to the items in Take Command's (or the batch debugger's) menus. Select the "Commands" tab in the Customize dialog, click on the appropriate menu name in the lower-left pane, then find the desired menu item in the lower-right pane and drag it onto the toolbar.

Once you have the toolbar organized as you want it, close the Customize dialog and the buttons will no longer be draggable.

Or, you could hold down the Alt button while dragging with the mouse to rearrange the toolbar items.

I just tried this on the Take command tool bar. Neat! I learned something new.

However, the separators that were there, are no longer there.

So, I right-clicked on the toolbar, clicked on "Save to .INI", to save my new arrangement, and exited Take Command.

Starting Take Command again, the separators are back. If I move the buttons around, same problem, separators disappear, but return after exiting and starting Take Command.

ADDENDUM: Whoops, looks like after arranging the buttons, "Save to .INI", and then exiting and starting TCMD, the buttons revert back to their original position. The TCMD.INI file also shows original layout, not revised layout.

echo %_ininame returns C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD15\TCMD.INI

I start TCMD as Administrator.

Joe
TCC 15.01.49 Windows Vista [Version 6.0.6002]
TCC Build 49 Windows Vista Build 6002 Service Pack 2
Registered to Joe Caverly - 1 System License