Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? Reply to answer from a .BTM

Sep
I would like to have all cookies and temp files deleted at boot time.
I am using the following simple BTM file
RD C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\low\Content.IE5 /s
RD C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 /s
DEL C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\*.txt
DEL C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\low\*.txt

All require me to reply 'Y' to the "Are you sure" query. How do I pre-answer it?

The first two, the RD's, don't delete the lowest directory as protected files are in
both. The last two leave the lowest directory but remove the .TXT cookies files

If someone has a better idea, I'm open to it.

Bob

Please try

del /y /s /n "C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\low\Content.IE5"\*.*

( /Y(es to all prompts), /S(ubdirectories), /N Do everything except actually delete the file(s) = just for this test )

and likewise for the other directories.

If someone has a better idea, I'm open to it.

Bob

Hi,
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but according to the help file, the /Q option, "When used with the /S option, this will suppress the prompt before deleting the directories."

What I use to delete cookies, and other files, is Cache Cleaner, available from (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner). It can be run from the command line, thus;

Code:
ccleaner /auto

While you want to delete these files at startup, I delete mine automatically after I close FireFox. How? I have the following in my 4start.btm file;

Code:
processmonitor "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" ended forever ccleaner /auto

Hope this helps.

Joe

Please try

del /y /s /n "C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\low\Content.IE5"\*.*

( /Y(es to all prompts), /S(ubdirectories), /N Do everything except actually delete the file(s) = just for this test )

and likewise for the other directories.

DOH! When all else fails -- Read the instructions... Thanks Frank...

I should've checked this forum earlier. This site doesn't send notification of replies et al.

Bob

Never use a big word when a diminutive will suffice

Back