Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Done RSS Feed Information

May
Just started playing around with it, but my RSS feeds only show the title of the post. Any chance we can get the entire message? Using an RSS reader and then having to click into every post to read it on the forum seems like that's defeating the purpose.

Am I missing some configuration I can set?

Thank you.

Michael

I use the option to have emails sent with new thread and new posts to old threads. This gives me a near complete history - my own posts are not there, so only those thread are complete that I did not contribute to.

Just started playing around with it, but my RSS feeds only show the title of the post. Any chance we can get the entire message? Using an RSS reader and then having to click into every post to read it on the forum seems like that's defeating the purpose.

The RSS feeds only show the thread titles. If you want the text of the posts, you'll have to use the email notifications.

Thanks Rex. Looks like I'll switch back to email. However, I'd like to suggest it as a future enhancement. Should forum suggestions also go through the feedback system?

Michael

Thanks Rex. Looks like I'll switch back to email. However, I'd like to suggest it as a future enhancement. Should forum suggestions also go through the feedback system?

It's XenForo's code, so there's nothing I can do about changing the forum behavior. There's already a request in the XenForo suggestions forum to include at least part of the post in the RSS feeds.

Back