Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scintilla DLL could not be loaded

Feb
Just installed 14.00.24 and when loading TCMD hey is saying
Scintilla DLL could not be loaded

any idea what this could be ?

Not reproducible here. (And that's a strange message, since TCMD doesn't load scintilla. It does load scilexer.dll, but I don't see any problems loading that here.)

What version of TCMD are you running (32-bit or 64-bit)?

What version of Windows?

What is the *exact* message you're seeing?

Did you have an (older) copy of TCMD when you installed 14.0.24?

Not reproducible here. (And that's a strange message, since TCMD doesn't load scintilla. It does load scilexer.dll, but I don't see any problems loading that here.)

What version of TCMD are you running (32-bit or 64-bit)?

What version of Windows?

What is the *exact* message you're seeing?

Did you have an (older) copy of TCMD when you installed 14.0.24?

I get a error pop-up before loading
header of the screen is "Error loading Scintilla" and in het box is "The Scintilla DLL could not be loaded"
when i hit OK TCMD loads fine

is is version 14.00.24 (the latest) 32 bits on Windows 7 Enterpise

Do you have SciLexer.dll in your installation directory?

I've tried this on three systems and cannot reproduce it -- anybody else seeing this?

SciLexer.dll was not there
but i did a repair of the installation and now SciLexer.dll is there and TCMD runs fine :)
lets call it het hickup

thanks for the quick reply

Just got this error after updating to 15.04.41. Restored scilexer.dll from previous files and now back to normal.

Let me know if you still have the problem with 15.01.42 (I suspect the VS 2012 update 2 broke more of the x86 code).
Rex, just updated to 15.01.42 and SciLexer.dll was properly installed (5/12/13 3:25pm). Good deal. Thanks!