Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Documentation Search order

Oct
Hello -- The doc says that when searching for a command typed at the command line, the first search is for an internal command, then batch file, starting in the current directory --

Is there a way to change this?, ie not looking in the current directory? I think that this is the way its done in unix, and that is why there is a "." in the PATH env var --

Thanks

See the help for the PATH command, specifically the next-to-last paragraph. In short, TCC works the same way as the Unix shells you mention: a dot in the search path delays the search of the current directory until that point in the search path. (I don't think there is any way to completely disable the search of the current directory; that might be a useful feature to suggest.)

See the help for the PATH command, specifically the next-to-last paragraph. In short, TCC works the same way as the Unix shells you mention: a dot in the search path delays the search of the current directory until that point in the search path. (I don't think there is any way to completely disable the search of the current directory; that might be a useful feature to suggest.)

Thanks -- that works just fine