Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? Select text

Sep
Hi,
Is it possible to configure TCC (or Take command 15.01) in such a way so that it will be possible to select text in the same way 'Mark' option works in CMD? Basically mark option select a rectangular block of text not some lines when we click+hold+drag the mouse over console area.
Here I want to mention that the line selection option is nice but it causes problem for me when I work in vim with 2 or more vertical split screens. In this case if I try to select some lines of text from one split screen TCC select every thing from every screen on that line. I will be more happy if this second problem can be fixed.
2013_09_17_1812.png

When I run TCC in its own window, the Mark option of edit when used within the TCC window always selects a rectangular area to cut or copy. But your post shows a vim window, not a TCC window. Suggest you try to use two separate VIM tabs in TCMD instead of splitting a single vim window.

Hi,
Is it possible to configure TCC (or Take command 15.01) in such a way so that it will be possible to select text in the same way 'Mark' option works in CMD? Basically mark option select a rectangular block of text not some lines when we click+hold+drag the mouse over console area.

If you hold down the Ctrl key and then click and drag the mouse, it will select a block instead of lines.

Hi steve,
My mistake, it seem that TCC.exe window is working perfectly in terms of selecting text in vim vertical split (only selecting the lines from the active split) as well as Mark option is also working fine. My above problem happen only when I am working in Take-Command window (TCMD.exe). I got confused because I always thought TCMD works as a container of TCC in it's tabs!

I think it should be counted as a bug as in TCC.exe text selection in vim split window works find but it stop working when TCC is in TCMD tabs.

If you hold down the Ctrl key and then click and drag the mouse, it will select a block instead of lines.

Ok, I'm officially confused.

When running TCC on an independent window, clicking and dragging the mouse always selects a block of text (wether or not CTRL is pressed, or ALT, or SHIFT). Running a TCC as a TCMD tab does select lines normally and blocks if the CTRL key is pressed. But if I detach that tab onto an independent window, it goes all-block again. Huh?

In fact, I had forgotten TCC could select lines at all (as I usually run TCC independently). Is there an option that I've misconfigured or something?

Ok, I'm officially confused.

When running TCC on an independent window, clicking and dragging the mouse always selects a block of text (wether or not CTRL is pressed, or ALT, or SHIFT).

There is no support for mouse selection in TCC in a console window (not possible for console apps as they lack a message queue); that is all handled by the Windows console host.

Take Command handles selection for console apps in tab windows, either line or block based as desired.

There is no support for mouse selection in TCC in a console window (not possible for console apps as they lack a message queue); that is all handled by the Windows console host.

Take Command handles selection for console apps in tab windows, either line or block based as desired.

Hey, sorry for the late post :) but I stumbled on this thread and thought I'd double check.

Is this still a limitation in TCC? Hmm ... I just checked powershell and CMD and seems like they are still 'broken'.

Darn!