1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to? @select[] window size, redux.

Discussion in 'Support' started by mikea, Jun 18, 2014.

1. mikea

TCC 15.01.52 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]

(I'm always slow to upgrade.)

Some months ago I posted about this but never did find a solution and am still having the problem -- with the @select[] window. The problem continues to be that the window won't expand to the expected height, and the bottom line is always partly cut off. To see everything in the window always requires expanding its height manually with the mouse.

I start with "test.txt", which contains three lines (just the words "one", "two", and "three", if it matters).

The attached screen shot shows the result of:

echo %@select[test.txt,5,5,20,40,title here]

"5,5" does what it's expected to do. "40" provides an expected width. But that "20" parameter never allows the window to reach the expected height. I could increase it to 30 (there'd still be enough screen real-estate) and the result would be the same.

This was never an issue with 4NT. What am I doing wrong here?

Attached Files:

2. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

This example works in v16. In v15, it does not reliably work if you use the old row/column format. Try using the newer screen coordinate (pixel) positioning.

3. Steve Fabian

IMHO to convert screen positions from column/row to pixels is a nuisance. The precision is not needed!

4. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

Rows and columns are meaningless, because the popup windows are GUI windows. It would be a far greater nuisance to have to resize them constantly to fit within the current console window. And pointless if you were running in a TCMD tab window.