Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Done sendmail suggestion

May
Hello,

I do not like to put my ISP SMTP password in the option dialog as it's stored in clear text in the INI file. I'd like that to be encrypted strongly so it can't be viewed (we have strict corporate policies regarding this).

If that is not an option, I'd like sendmail to notice if there is no password and then prompt for it. Also, having the ability to enter it in the command line would be useful for automated emails. Ensuring that the actual password is not logged for history would be needed as well.

Thanks,

Michael

PS. I posted this in the feedback area, but I wasn't sure if should be here. I this forum still used given the new system?

Hello,
I do not like to put my ISP SMTP password in the option dialog as it's stored in clear text in the INI file. I'd like that to be encrypted strongly so it can't be viewed (we have strict corporate policies regarding this).

If it's your default account, then SENDMAIL will use the corresponding values in the Windows Registry, so you don't have to put it in TCMD.INI.

And if you're using NTFS, you can always encrypt the TCMD.INI file.

PS. I posted this in the feedback area, but I wasn't sure if should be here. I this forum still used given the new system?

You should be using the new system; anything posted here is assumed to have a maximum vote count of "1".