Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SENDMAIL under v14

Aug
Hi,
I am using;

Code:
TCC  14.00.15   Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
TCC Build 15   Windows XP Build 2600  Service Pack 3

SENDMAIL gives me the following error;

Code:
535 5.0.0 Authentication Failed
TCC: SMTP protocol error. 535 5.0.0 Authentication Failed.

I have no problem using SENDMAIL from v13.

I have confirmed in v14 that my information is correct under;

Options-> Configure TCC-> Internet Tab

This works under v13;

Code:
sendmail /v /ssl=2 [email protected] Subject Body

but gives the indicated error under v14.

Joe

Not exactly reproducible here -- except that /SSL=2 fails in both v13 and v14 in my test environment (sending via gmail).

/SSL=0 and /SSL=1 both work here; /ssl=3 fails (as expected with gmail).

There's not much chance I can do anything with your situation, but send me your complete /V output (to [email protected]).

Hi Rex,
I think I have found the problem.

I keyed in all of my info into Options-> Configure TCC-> Internet Tab and then tried SENDMAIL. That is when I received the error.

I went out today, and turned my system off. When I got back, I turned it back on.

I tried SENDMAIL again, and it works.

So, I mucked up Options-> Configure TCC-> Internet Tab and tried SENDMAIL again. It still worked.

Next, I quit TCMD14, and then launched it again. SENDMAIL failed.

So, I corrected Options-> Configure TCC-> Internet Tab and tried SENDMAIL again. It failed.

Again, I quit TCMD14, and then launched it again. SENDMAIL works.

I have come to the conclusion that I have to quit and re-start TCMD after making changes to Options-> Configure TCC-> Internet Tab

Is this correct?

My jobs that use SENDMAIL and SENDHTML run periodically through the week, depending on file contents, so if they give me any further problems, I will let you know.

Joe

I have come to the conclusion that I have to quit and re-start TCMD after making changes to Options-> Configure TCC-> Internet Tab

Is this correct?

Options / Configure TCC only configures future instances of TCC; it modifies the .INI file. To configure the current shell, use the OPTION command.