Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Done Separate colors for backgrounds

Forgive me if this is already a feature. I would like to see an option to change the coloring for separate tabs so they each have a different theme. I sometimes have way too many tabs open and this would greatly help me to quickly differentiate between them. Separate fonts would also be good.

If you want to manage a set of tab/pid related settings, you could do something like this (untested):
Code:
function mod=%@eval[%1-%2*%@int[%1/%2]
switch %@mod[%_pid, %NumInSet]
case 0
   rem set colors for set item 0
case 1
  rem set colors for set item 1
case ... up to num in set -1    or
  rem set some default colors
endswitch
That would use the unique PID of the TCC session to select a different one from a set of colors you have created. If you prefer something a little more orderly, you could track the TCC tab id as it is created and use that instead of %_pid.

To track my TCC shells as created, I use this:
Code:
REM In start btm, set shellcount for TCC # and use alias/shralias to track across TCC processes
set /a ShellCount=%@word[-0,%@alias[Shells]]+1
alias Shells=%@alias[Shells] %ShellCount%.

REM In exit btm, remove TCC # shellcount value from shells alias
alias Shells=%@trim[%@replace[ %ShellCount.,,%@alias[Shells]]
In the mod function call above, you could then use %ShellCount instead of %_pid. That would let the colors be selected more predictably.

This might not have all of the features you want, but it should have some of them.

If you want to manage a set of tab/pid related settings, you could do something like this (untested):
Code:
function mod=%@eval[%1-%2*%@int[%1/%2]
switch %@mod[%_pid, %NumInSet]
case 0
   rem set colors for set item 0
case 1
  rem set colors for set item 1
case ... up to num in set -1    or
  rem set some default colors
endswitch
That would use the unique PID of the TCC session to select a different one from a set of colors you have created. If you prefer something a little more orderly, you could track the TCC tab id as it is created and use that instead of %_pid.

To track my TCC shells as created, I use this:
Code:
REM In start btm, set shellcount for TCC # and use alias/shralias to track across TCC processes
set /a ShellCount=%@word[-0,%@alias[Shells]]+1
alias Shells=%@alias[Shells] %ShellCount%.

REM In exit btm, remove TCC # shellcount value from shells alias
alias Shells=%@trim[%@replace[ %ShellCount.,,%@alias[Shells]]
In the mod function call above, you could then use %ShellCount instead of %_pid. That would let the colors be selected more predictably.

This might not have all of the features you want, but it should have some of them.

Sorry if I come off as a NOOB but I am. I am not sure how to do what you are saying. I love the product though. I wish it also had powershell support and splitview. If you could elaborate on the coloring/fonts you posted I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance for putting up with my noobness.

You can look in the TCC help for the COLOR and FONT commands. Those will explain how to set colors and fonts in TCC. You can also look at the @COLOR and @FONT functions for getting information on the current settings. If you can define a set of different colors and fonts you wish to use, with one color command and font command per set item, the above code would let you create TCMD tabs with a possibility of a different theme per tab. If you don't want theme selection to be random, you can modify that code to switch on the %1 arg to the BTM is used instead of the more random %_pid in the modulo function that is defined. If you put the code in my first post in a SetTheme.BTM file, it will give you a start at something to play, learn, and experiment with.

Back