1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to? Setting default directory

Discussion in 'T&T - Functions' started by Roedy, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Roedy

I can't believe I am asking this. I have had this working since 4DOS days. I had to reinstall Windows and now TCC windows always opens on F:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD13x64
    I want to them to open on E:\mindprod\jgloss the way they use to.
    I have scanned the docs. I have studied all the boxes in OPTIONS.
    I have looked at fields in TCMD.INI
    I can get it to work in Take Command, but not TCC.
    I know I did not use TCSTART before, but that may be the way to go.
    Where the heck do you configure this?

2. Charles Dye

Charles Dye Super Moderator
    Staff Member

How are you launching TCC? Via a shortcut? If so, right-click on the shortcut and edit the properties; the "Start in" box sets the default directory.

3. vefatica

... or, using almost any mechanism, including a shortcut, put a CDD in the startup command. For example, if I wanted TCC to start in v:\, I could, in many places, give the command
    Code:
    g:\tc14\tcc.exe cdd v:\

4. Joe Caverly

... or, put it in the 4START.BTM file. That is what I do, and whenever I make a change to my 4START.BTM file, it automatically gets backed up when I do my daily backup. I guess it is now called TCSTART.BTM, but being from the 4DOS days, I still use 4START.BTM

Joe

5. jmcm

I have a shortcut that opens in a specific directory set in the "start in" field. I have "shortcut keys" set (in my case ctrl+alt+4) so I don't have to look for the icon. I also have a one line batch file containing "@start C:\bin\jpsoft\tcmd12\tcc.exe" that will start in my current directory. I tend not to use "tcmd" on my 10" laptop as it wastes too much real estate.

John

6. vefatica

Be careful CDDing in TCSTART. You don't want that to happen for transient/pipe instances of TCC. Many times, problems arising from that have wound up in the forums.