Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? Setting default directory

Jun
I can't believe I am asking this. I have had this working since 4DOS days. I had to reinstall Windows and now TCC windows always opens on F:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD13x64
I want to them to open on E:\mindprod\jgloss the way they use to.
I have scanned the docs. I have studied all the boxes in OPTIONS.
I have looked at fields in TCMD.INI
I can get it to work in Take Command, but not TCC.
I know I did not use TCSTART before, but that may be the way to go.
Where the heck do you configure this?

How are you launching TCC? Via a shortcut? If so, right-click on the shortcut and edit the properties; the "Start in" box sets the default directory.

... or, using almost any mechanism, including a shortcut, put a CDD in the startup command. For example, if I wanted TCC to start in v:\, I could, in many places, give the command
Code:
g:\tc14\tcc.exe cdd v:\

... or, using almost any mechanism, including a shortcut, put a CDD in the startup command. For example, if I wanted TCC to start in v:\, I could, in many places, give the command
Code:
g:\tc14\tcc.exe cdd v:\

... or, put it in the 4START.BTM file. That is what I do, and whenever I make a change to my 4START.BTM file, it automatically gets backed up when I do my daily backup. I guess it is now called TCSTART.BTM, but being from the 4DOS days, I still use 4START.BTM

Joe

I have a shortcut that opens in a specific directory set in the "start in" field. I have "shortcut keys" set (in my case ctrl+alt+4) so I don't have to look for the icon. I also have a one line batch file containing "@start C:\bin\jpsoft\tcmd12\tcc.exe" that will start in my current directory. I tend not to use "tcmd" on my 10" laptop as it wastes too much real estate.

John

... or, put it in the 4START.BTM file. That is what I do, and whenever I make a change to my 4START.BTM file, it automatically gets backed up when I do my daily backup. I guess it is now called TCSTART.BTM, but being from the 4DOS days, I still use 4START.BTM

Joe
Be careful CDDing in TCSTART. You don't want that to happen for transient/pipe instances of TCC. Many times, problems arising from that have wound up in the forums.

Back