Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? Single installer?

Oct
Greetings -- the info for v20 notes a single installer .... I have 32bit plugings, so I use the 32bit version
of tcmd on my win7 64bit os -- will I still be able to install the 32bit version?

No. You'll either need to create a 32-bit VM, or use v19 x86 to test your plugins.
umm .. vm? are you saying I would have to run a 32bit guest os to run the 32 bit tcmd? Thus requiring the 64bit tcmd will be the only
tcmd that will run on 64bit os?

Yes, the intention is to only install x64 TCMD v20 on x64 Windows. Installing x86 TMCD on x64 Windows has always been an enormous support PITA, as I get endless "bug" reports from people saying that TCMD is running the wrong (i.e., x86) version of Windows utilities, and is writing to the wrong (i.e., WOW64) registry entries.

As x86 Windows is currently running < 2% of TCMD installs, I'm not particularly concerned about the very rare cases (i.e., plugin developers) who might want to test x86 TCMD on x64 Windows. If you really want to run x86 TCMD on Windows x64, use TCMD v19. And don't expect your test results to be particularly meaningful or valid.

I will be dropping x86 support completely in the next version or two.

Yes, the intention is to only install x64 TCMD v20 on x64 Windows. Installing x86 TMCD on x64 Windows has always been an enormous support PITA, as I get endless "bug" reports from people saying that TCMD is running the wrong (i.e., x86) version of Windows utilities, and is writing to the wrong (i.e., WOW64) registry entries.

As x86 Windows is currently running < 2% of TCMD installs, I'm not particularly concerned about the very rare cases (i.e., plugin developers) who might want to test x86 TCMD on x64 Windows. If you really want to run x86 TCMD on Windows x64, use TCMD v19. And don't expect your test results to be particularly meaningful or valid.

I will be dropping x86 support completely in the next version or two.

Hello -- thanks for the info .. I did not realize the issues with the 64/32 bit intermixing --
If the 32bit versions are dropped, does that also include tccle?