Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? So I want a custom directory for the plugins...

Nov
I currently have all my plugins installed in the default directory (C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64\plugins\). I'd rather have them someplace else (C:\Users\Miguel\TCC\plugins\).

The help file states "When TCC starts, it will automatically load any plugins in the default directory (the subdirectory PLUGINS\ in the TCC installation directory).", but doesn't say how to specify a different one.

I currently have all my plugins installed in the default directory (C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64\plugins\). I'd rather have them someplace else (C:\Users\Miguel\TCC\plugins\).

The help file states "When TCC starts, it will automatically load any plugins in the default directory (the subdirectory PLUGINS\ in the TCC installation directory).", but doesn't say how to specify a different one.

Make PLUGINS a junction to your desired directory?

I don't do anything with plug-ins at the moment and so this suggestion might be completely wrong...I just looked 'plugin' up in the JPS on-line help's index and found the PLUGIN command. If you run it with the /L switch and include a fully qualified filename -- might that help?

If it is possible to specify another location, I think it would be worth adding this information -- an example command or two -- to the online help.

I certainly would. I get burned every time I try to change a plugin, because I forget that I have to be in admin mode in order to make changes in the plugin directory under "Program Files". I'll go into "Feedback" now to second your suggestion.

I don't even know what a default set-up looks like! I gather it's in the "Program Files" tree. Where does TCMD.INI go? From TCMD.INI, you can control where TCC looks for TCSTAR.BTM and TCEXIT.BTM (but not, as noted, where it looks for plugins). What happens if you make a link in the install directory to a plugins directory elsewhere? Does the target of the link inherit the restrictive permissions of the install directory?

Jay, you could change the permissions on the default plugins directory. You'd have to do it as admin, but you'd have to do it only once.

I agree, an INI-specified default plugins directory is a good idea.

Jay, you could change the permissions on the default plugins directory. You'd have to do it as admin, but you'd have to do it only once.

Vince, thank you very much. I didn't know that I could do that or how to do it. But I figured it out, and the problem is solved!

Why don't I see it when I click on the floating "Feedback" tab to the left of these messages? I did go to the URL you provided and have added my votes (even though I already followed Vince's suggestion above).

If you sort 'em by age (click on the "New" or "New ideas" link), it's the second from the top.

When clicking the floating "Feedback" button and the shadowbox appears, it only shows the top 8 ideas. Click the "browse ideas" link at the top left of the shadowbox and you'll find it a little further down the list on the new page that is opened.

When clicking the floating "Feedback" button and the shadowbox appears, it only shows the top 8 ideas. Click the "browse ideas" link at the top left of the shadowbox and you'll find it a little further down the list on the new page that is opened.

Ugh. Was that supposed to be obvious? There is no label that indicates that only the top eight are shown. I thought that was all of them. After reading the post by Charles (before seeing yours) and not being able to understand it, I tried clicking the "browse ideas" link. Had it said "browse all ideas", I might have figured that out sooner.