Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Documentation START /AFFINITY

May
From the help:
to set the affinity for cpu's 1 and 4, set /AFFINITY=5.

I don't think that's correct. I'd expect CPUs 1 and 4 to use AFFINITY=9, and AFFINITY=5 to mean CPUs 1 and 3.

And what if you want all of 4 CPUs ... use 15? ... use F? ... use 0xF?

Whether you call them CPU1~CPU4 (as in the help) or CPU0~CPU3 (as in your link) is irrelevant. If you have 4 of them, the masks are 1,2,4,8. On my 4-processor machine, 1,2,4,8 work correctly with TCC's (and CMD's) START /AFFINITY to limit it to one CPU.

It's a typo in the help; it should say CPU1 and CPU3.

The affinity argument is a hex value, as the help says.
Yeah, I figured that out. To be more precise, "F" works and "0xF" doesn't.

Yep, Vince, you are right, it's irrelevant for Hex values. For example: Hex 2 means always the second physically, Hex 4 always the third physically CPU etc - regardless of it's "name-system"!

But you will have a problem, if I say you "activate your CPU1 and CPU3" and I speak from "Microsoft system", YOU takes the "TCC system"! So, which Hex would you take? You takes Hex 5, right? Unfortunately I would take Hex 10.

What is the result then? On your machine runs the First and Third physically CPU, on mine the Second and Fourth.