Start-up directory for new tabs?

May 20, 2008
Syracuse, NY, USA
Yes - click on "Run" in the Tabs menu.
I don't want to do it every time. I want to specify once and for all time that tabs (the default and new ones) start in v:\ and not depend on TCMD start-up directory.

As it is, my tabs (default and new) behave one way if I start TCMD from a shortcut, another way if I start it with a 2-click in Explorer, and a variety of other ways if I start it from a command line

May 20, 2008
Syracuse, NY, USA
P.S. Setting the CWD in TCSTART would wreak havoc with any "TCC Here" mechanism and with any TCMD toolbar button that wanted TCC to start in a specific, non-default, place.

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 20, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
prospero.unm.edu
I don't want to do it every time. I want to specify once and for all time that tabs (the default and new ones) start in v:\ and not depend on TCMD start-up directory.

As it is, my tabs (default and new) behave one way if I start TCMD from a shortcut, another way if I start it with a 2-click in Explorer, and a variety of other ways if I start it from a command line
I'm surprised that you are starting Take Command so many different ways. I just start one instance (from a shortcut) when Windows starts, and it remains open until I shut the computer down. The shortcut's "Start in" directory, therefore, is the default for all the tabs I open.

May 20, 2008
Syracuse, NY, USA
It was pretty easy after all.
Code:
g:\tc17> grep -i comspec TCMD.INI
COMSPEC=g:\tc17\tcc.exe /q cdd v:\
My default and on-demand new tabs now all start in v:\, regardless of TCMD's CWD.