Startup/Shutdown order of events for TCC

Jun 7, 2008
121
0
Hi

This might be undocumented and for good reason:
It gives Rex freedom to change things.

Is it documented anywhere what order TCC does thing on startup/shutdown? I mean processing of TCSTART, TCEXIT, the startup options etc.

Thanks

Stephen Howe
 
May 20, 2008
11,400
99
Syracuse, NY, USA
On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 14:53:10 -0600, Stephen Howe <> wrote:


>Hi
>
>This might be undocumented and for good reason:
>It gives Rex freedom to change things.
>
>Is it documented anywhere what order TCC does thing on startup/shutdown? I mean processing of TCSTART, TCEXIT, the startup options etc.

It only makes sense that INI directives are applied and plugins are loaded
before tcstart and that tcexit is processed before plugins are unloaded. Can
you be more specific?
 
Jun 7, 2008
121
0
Hi

It only makes sense that INI directives are applied and plugins are loaded
before tcstart and that tcexit is processed before plugins are unloaded. Can you be more specific?

That is what I meant (and any other detail fleshed out). Is it documented as such?

Cheers

Stephen Howe
 
May 20, 2008
3,515
4
Elkridge, MD, USA
Stephen Howe wrote:
| ---Quote---
|
| It only makes sense that INI directives are applied and plugins are
| loaded
| before tcstart and that tcexit is processed before plugins are
| unloaded. Can you be more specific? ---End Quote---
|
| That is what I meant (and any other detail fleshed out). Is it
| documented as such?

Help topic "autobatch.htm" states that the location of TCSTART can be
specified in the .INI file, which IMPLIES that the .INI file must be
processed first.

Rex:

1/ It would be useful if the order of events during starting and stopping of
the command processor were documented.

2/ I did not find OPTION dialog entries to control the StartupFile and
ExitFile directives introduced in V7, nor any documentation. They ought to
be in help topic "autobatch.htm", which only mentions the now obsolete
method of specifying a StartPath without TCSTART to avoid using one.
--
Steve
 

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
12,345
150
Stephen Howe wrote:


> This might be undocumented and for good reason:
> It gives Rex freedom to change things.
>
> Is it documented anywhere what order TCC does thing on
>

> startup/shutdown? I mean processing of TCSTART, TCEXIT,
> the startup options etc.

It is documented in "TCC Startup Options", but it has changed in recent
versions of TCC and in different versions of Windows.

Why do you need to know?

Rex Conn
JP Software
 

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
12,345
150
Steve Fábián wrote:

> Stephen Howe wrote:
> | ---Quote---
> |
> | It only makes sense that INI directives are applied and plugins are
> | loaded
> | before tcstart and that tcexit is processed before plugins are
> | unloaded. Can you be more specific? ---End Quote---
> |
> | That is what I meant (and any other detail fleshed out). Is it
> | documented as such?
>
> Help topic "autobatch.htm" states that the location of TCSTART can be
> specified in the .INI file, which IMPLIES that the .INI file must be
> processed first.
>
> Rex:
>
> 1/ It would be useful if the order of events during starting and stopping of
> the command processor were documented.

It already is. But why would you care?


> 2/ I did not find OPTION dialog entries to control the StartupFile and
> ExitFile directives introduced in V7, nor any documentation. They ought to
> be in help topic "autobatch.htm", which only mentions the now obsolete
> method of specifying a StartPath without TCSTART to avoid using one.

There never has been, because they're not useful and have been retired.

Rex Conn
JP Software
 
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
fishman@panix.com Startup Folder? Support 3
fishman@panix.com Wierd startup. Support 7
D Documentation Help "Startup" page does not describe global lists Support 0
fpefpe startup switches Support 2
fishman@panix.com Problem at Startup of TCC Support 3
C How to bypass UAC warning when shortcut in \Startup folder ? Support 9
C Control Everything CPU usage at startup? Support 7
D Envar _tcexit has value, even with /IX startup parameter Support 0
Phileosophos Startup tab layout Support 2
Robert Kantor Startup Defaults Support 7
D new startup tabs Support 12
J TCC at Windows Startup Support 11
Mike Applebee SHRALIAS crashes on startup Support 2
E How to? Load Alias File on Startup Support 3
R V19 - At startup, TCC save directory in the directory history list Support 2
Glenn Bowes Strange text at startup Support 5
D Documentation TCC | Configuration | Conf dialog | Startup Support 0
J TCMD 18 Startup Support 3
J Startup folder Support 6
tmaynard How to? Any way to run a command in a new tab at startup? Support 18
T How to? Adding TCC to startup folder Support 6
B How to? Pre-set _tcfolder on startup when Folders is set Auto-Hide Support 6
C Startup folder not working on v15 Support 6
greyfairer Very slow startup since last Windows 7 Update (14.03.59 x64) Support 9
7 TCC startup crash in Windows 8 Pro x64 Support 20
K Take Command startup problem Support 7
vefatica New desktop and StartUp folder? Support 4
vefatica Wrong startup file? Support 1
J Take Command Slooow Startup Support 1
F Click a .btm file with "TCC Startup Options" in effect. Support 8
B TCC Startup Error Support 12
mikea TCC v12 startup questions Support 15
L A little startup help from an old CLI guy please. Support 14
M Running a batch file at Windows startup... Support 8
Patulus TCC 11.00.39 hangs on startup Support 5
T Access violation upon TC startup Support 2
jcalcote Apache Maven startup batch file issues Support 3
fishman@panix.com New startup problem... Support 10
CWBillow TCMD 10 and Startup Tabs Support 10
L Very long startup times - solved for me Support 15
deleyd Speed up startup of TCMD? Support 2
R Don't wake up external drives on startup Support 2
S TCC V9 startup option documentation Support 3
T Open & Configure multiple TCC windows on STARTUP Support 4
C How to make list of drive contents when shutdown PC / Everything.exe Support 7
D WAD Reboot doesn't shutdown or restart Support 13
S How to? Monitor shutdown event and write registry value Support 2
D WAD TASKBAR options LogOff and ShutDown do not display a dialog Support 2
Dick Johnson How to force TCC to count in proper numerical order Support 6
Steve Pitts REXX support - order of selection Support 2

Similar threads