Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Documentation Still waiting for the promissed lists

Apr
of tokens or commands, functions and variables for the manual configuration of syntax highlighting in external editors. There have been several requests for this. Not only by me.

I would like to suggest, if you are tempted to reply that the info is in the manual somewhere, that JPSoftware take this opportunity to publish some demonstration code in the HowTo section of the forums that excercises the abilities of the TPIPE command to reliably generate these lists.

Also - long missing from the documentation - a comprehensive list of all possible option settings in the TC/TCC configuration file. I would be very thankful if the latter would also list which version of TC/TCC introduced or revoked the option.

Again, regards, DJ

1) of tokens or commands, functions and variables for the manual configuration of syntax highlighting in external editors. There have been several requests for this. Not only by me.

2) I would like to suggest, if you are tempted to reply that the info is in the manual somewhere, that JPSoftware take this opportunity to publish some demonstration code in the HowTo section of the forums that excercises the abilities of the TPIPE command to reliably generate these lists.

3) Also - long missing from the documentation - a comprehensive list of all possible option settings in the TC/TCC configuration file. I would be very thankful if the latter would also list which version of TC/TCC introduced or revoked the option.

Again, regards, DJ

Edited quote to insert numbered list...

I also do a 2nd vote for #2....

Also - long missing from the documentation - a comprehensive list of all possible option settings in the TC/TCC configuration file. I would be very thankful if the latter would also list which version of TC/TCC introduced or revoked the option.

The .ini directives (other than the advanced ones, which are in the docs) were removed from the help because they were a support nightmare. It wasn't the novice users; it was the experienced users (who should have known better) who were mangling their TCMD.INI files irretrievably (to the point of "TCMD won't start anymore") and then asking JP Software to fix them. Since removing them from the docs and only having support to change them in OPTION, the number of TCMD.INI problems have dropped 99% (as in, from several dozen a week to one or two a month).

There is absolutely no chance I'm ever opening that canister of annelids again.

Hmmm. Well, at least I know where I stand. I understand your concern, to a certain point.

How about my other suggestion then, to "show them how it's done" in the "Tips and Tricks" section?
... TPIPE the commands, functions en variables out of the docs?
... or some other amazing trick showing off the sheer power of your product?

I would assume you would use a decompile CHM utility then use TPIPE on the resultant files. I use GridinSoft's CHM Decoder and for 18b18 it makes 1336 files, 4 folders, and using 18,467,048 bytes of space.