@subst

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

samintz

Scott Mintz
May 20, 2008
Solon, OH, USA
Here is a simple function to tell if a drive has been subst'ed. It works akin to @cdrom and @remote.
Code:
[C:\] function subst=`%@if[%@index["%@winapi[kernel32.dll,QueryDosDeviceW,"%1",BUFFER,1024]",\??\] != -1,1,0]`

[C:\] echo %@subst[c:]

[C:\] echo %@subst[p:]

May 20, 2008
Here is a simple function to tell if a drive has been subst'ed. It works akin to @cdrom and @remote.
Code:
[C:\] function subst=`%@if[%@index["%@winapi[kernel32.dll,QueryDosDeviceW,"%1",BUFFER,1024]",\??\] != -1,1,0]`

[C:\] echo %@subst[c:]

[C:\] echo %@subst[p:]
Another, simpler option for this may be to compare the results of @truename with the @subst arg.

samintz

Scott Mintz
May 20, 2008
Solon, OH, USA
I forgot about that. Well, in keeping with my Persistent Subst command, I'll rename it to @psubst and add in support for whether a drive is SUBST'ed, Persistently SUBST'ed, or neither.
IsSubst.btm
Code:
@echo off
iff %@index["%@winapi[kernel32.dll,QueryDosDeviceW,"%1",BUFFER,1024]",\??\] != -1 then
    iff %@regquery["HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\DOS Devices\%1"] != -1 then
        echos 2
    else
        echos 1
    endiff
else
    echos 0
endiff
and the new function is:
Code:
function psubst=`%@execstr[IsSubst.btm %1]`
echo %@psubst[c:] %@psubst[p:] %@psubst[y:]
0 2 1

Scott, do you use persistent SUBSTs? And do they give you any problems? I used them for a while after discovering the technique but backed off trying to solve a problem (XPS writer not working on one machine). That turned out to be unrelated to the SUBSTs (owner of %TEMP was from a previous install of the OS) but I never reinstated them.