Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Substitute for Logitech SETPOINT middle button processing

May
Vince:
I recall you created a middle-button handler instead of using Logitech's setpoint. Does it work on 64b Win7? On my Logitech trackballs the middle button is also a scroll wheel. Does your program allow scrolling? I would appreciate your letting me use it...
--
TIA, Steve

Vince:
I recall you created a middle-button handler instead of using Logitech's setpoint. Does it work on 64b Win7? On my Logitech trackballs the middle button is also a scroll wheel. Does your program allow scrolling? I would appreciate your letting me use it...
--
TIA, Steve
I still use it. I'd be lost without middle_button=double_left_click (and I'm not fond of extra processes, especially bloatware). But nowadays, it's part of a ShrAlias++.dll which I inject into Explorer at login. It also offers (good old SHRALIAS capabilities and) a global hotkey server (thus, for example, I get to these forums with Ctrl-Alt-j, start a promptless elevated TCC with Ctrl-Alt-a, ...).

The first one I wrote did only the mouse stuff and was an EXE. That was so long ago I don't know if I can find it but if I can, I'll post the code for anyone to play with. I'm fairly confident that it would build for X64.

What's "setpoint", a middle button function or the name of the Logitech's program? What do you want your middle button to do?

I pay no attention to anything but MBUTTON_DOWN and MBUTTON_UP. So any other functions should remain intact. IIRC I used it for a while with a trackball where the wheel was also the middle button ... but not long enough to become addicted to the wheel. Today I use a couple of old Logitech PS/2 TrackMan Marbles (put a button switch in one recently ... easy). If they ever become unserviceable, I'll be very sad.

I found it, built it, converted it to VS10, built it again, and built a 64-bit version of it ... all with little difficulty. The 32-bit one runs but I can't tell if it works because my current one gets the middle button event first, processes it, and doesn't pass it along. I zipped up two files (64-bit exe and dll) and attached the zip if you want to try it. If what you want is a middle_button_double_left_click and are willing to try it, put both files in the same place, start it with "my2click.exe" and stop it with "my2click.exe exit" (at least that's how it's supposed to work). :-)

Attachments

• my2click64.zip
    36.5 KB · Views: 259
Thanks, works nicely on my 64b Win7 system. I'd appreciate the 32b version, too, for my two WinXP systems.
It probably won't continue to work after you change screen resolutions (the 2-click will go to the wrong place, please try it). I think I have fixed that. You once had my email. Can you email me? I'll email you both versions (32/64).

Back