Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? Swapping between versions via tcstart

May
Hi,

I've been using tcc/le 32 bits for a while but now, on x64, I'm having a slight problem with redirection.
So now that I notice there is a 64 bit version off tcc I can run this. problem solved

Or it would be as now I realise that when I take my pen drive to a friends house and tcc x64 wont run on their x86 operating system.
I know it is easy to just have 2 folders 1 each for the different versions but I'm quite lazy so I was wondering if it was possible to:
A: install both versions in same folder and just rename the tcc/le x64 exe to tcc64.exe or similar
and
B:choose, via tcstart, which version to execute depending on operating system

Regards
Dazbo

Sorry, neither method works.
A: fails because not only TCC/LE is in the installation directory, but also several DLLs, and their name is the same in the 32b and 64b versions.
B: fails because TCC/LE is loaded before TCSTART is executed.

However, you can write a special batch file, executed by 32b TCC/LE, which loads the desired version (you can even use a dialog for dynamic user choice) and exits. This batch file can even be executed by the AUTORUN feature when you plug in your pen drive.

BTW, what problem do you have with redirection when 32b TCC/LE is run on 64b Windows? And which version of Windows? Personally I have no redirection problems using 32b TCC (full version, not LE) on 64b Win7.

A: fails because not only TCC/LE is in the installation directory, but also several DLLs, and their name is the same in the 32b and 64b versions.
However, you can write a special batch file...

Yes I expected some thing like this!

BTW, what problem do you have with redirection when 32b TCC/LE is run on 64b Windows? And which version of Windows? Personally I have no redirection problems using 32b TCC (full version, not LE) on 64b Win7.

I went looking for a solution when I was checking out why I could not access a file, I could clearly see, in the system32 directory.
I came on the jpsoft website and found that, there was a x64 version and that there is an option to turn off"Win64 File redirection."

Now that I have the x64 version I would prefer to use this on a x64 machine lest I run into some problem in the future.

Thanks for your help Steve!

Regards
Dazbo

You're welcome.
BTW, against Rex' advice, I normally use 32b TC on my 64b Win7 system, because I like to utilize some of the 32b-only plugins. If there is a performance hit, it is so little my senses are too slow to observe it.

Back