Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SysUtils (audio) volume command

Sep
The SysUtils plugin volume command under Windows 7 controls the (audio) volume for the application.
But isn't it supposed (to be able) to control the master/system volume?

The SysUtils plugin volume command under Windows 7 controls the (audio) volume for the application.
But isn't it supposed (to be able) to control the master/system volume?
I haven't looked at it in a long time and I don't think I've ever used it in Win7. Right now I can't get it to do anything! I'll look at it tonight.

Right now I can't get it to do anything!

Same here. I tried using it last week, because I would really like to control the volume by command (mainly to reset it to my default level of choice). I used to use Steve Gibson's wizmo command, but it no longer works (and he doesn't seem to be doing any maintenance work on his tools). So, Vince, I hope you can figure out how to do it in Windows 7.

In UIStuff I wound up writing two totally different sets of mixer routines -- one for XP, one for Vista and later. It is not pretty.

I read that the method I used doesn't work globally in Vista+. But I did find some code (relatively brief ... COM ... Charles?) that does work, controlling the master volume. Right now it works like this (below) ... not exactly ready for public consumption. I'll work on it and either update SYSUTILS's VOLUME or add a MASTERVOL command.
Code:
l:\projects\4sysutils\release> volume -f 1.00

l:\projects\4sysutils\release> volume
Current volume in dB is: 0.0000000000000000
Current volume as a scalar is: 1.0000000000000000

l:\projects\4sysutils\release> volume -f .75

l:\projects\4sysutils\release> volume
Current volume in dB is: -4.2026910781860352
Current volume as a scalar is: 0.7500000000000000

jadaml, I uploaded a new SYSUTILS.

ftp://lucky.syr.edu/4plugins

Works like a charm. Didn't over-tested it though, but definitely works on a few try, and the volume indeed changes (my laptop displays the volume whenever it changes).

Thank you! :)

Vince, will the new SYSUTILS work with TCC v16?
So far I have managed to build ones that work with v16 (and before). So, for now, yes. But there's no promise that it will remain so. I'm confident the new ones will not work with Windows XP.

Back