Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SYSUTILS command TIMESYNC error

May
Sometimes, but not always, the TIMESYNC command in the SYSUTILS plugin produces an error like
Code:
[ 3/02/16 15:06:55][2076] Invalid access to memory location.
 "TIMESYNC"

I'm using sysutils64.dll Version 2016.125 Build 223431 on Windows 7, TCC 17.00.77 x64.
The timeserver set in the ini-file is TimeServer=1.pool.ntp.org

It's OK here. What options are you using? Is there any output before the error message? Is there any delay before the error message?

Vince,

It's in a batch file, normally, but I did try it interactively. I noticed no perceptible delay (but I wouldn't notice a delay of, let's say, 100 ms, would I?
I'm using TIMESYNC /A.

OK, I duplicated the problem. It is this: TakeCmd.dll no longer exports "error()" (a generic error-reporting function), which it did for ages (including v17). So new versions of my plugins use the recommended "TCError()". But TCError() does not exist in v17 and I failed to check for failure to load it. I kludged around that difficulty and uploaded a new build to ftp://lucky.syr.edu. Give it a try.

If you use other recent builds of my other plugins with v17, you may run into this again. Let me know if you do.

Thanks, Vince. I'll hop to it soon. And thank you for hopping to it so quickly!