Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Take Command 14.02.42?

May
Advanced Updater has offered a Take Command 14.02.42 update for at least 24 hours. However, there hasn't been a Forum announcement of this version (that I have seen so far) and it does not appear to list any New Features, Enhancements, or Fixed Bugs that are attributed to this version. Is this a required update or am I missing something? ;) Thanks.

The ftp site definitely has installers dated 2012-10-15 17:22 (32b) and 17:26 (64b), different in size than the build 41 installers. Like you, I did not observe a new build announcement. I will wait with installing them until Rex makes an announcement.

Advanced Updater has offered a Take Command 14.02.42 update for at least 24 hours. However, there hasn't been a Forum announcement of this version (that I have seen so far) and it does not appear to list any New Features, Enhancements, or Fixed Bugs that are attributed to this version. Is this a required update or am I missing something? ;) Thanks.
Under "New Features" the OPTION /U dialog shows "14.0.25 - Public Release". Has that field now been updated in several months?

Under "New Features" the OPTION /U dialog shows "14.0.25 - Public Release". Has that field now been updated in several months?

I think that just means that there have been no new features since the release. Presumably if Rex adds some new feature in a future build, it will show up there.

There are no new features, enhancements, or bug fixes in build 42. (If there were, there would have been an announcement -- I'm not trying to to hide anything new from the users!)

Build 42 is exactly the same as build 41, with the exception of one minor installer change for the benefit of one customer. It will not affect 99.99% of the users in any way; the other .01 % already knows about it.

That field is for major new features, which only appear in major updates. There haven't been any major updates since 14.0 was released. (If there were, it would now be called 14.10 or 14.50 or 15.0!)

This is exactly the same as in the 13.0 updater, the 12.0 updater, and the 11.0 updater.

There are no new features, enhancements, or bug fixes in build 42. (If there were, there would have been an announcement . . .
That's what I figured. I wouldn't have asked if I didn't suffer from a compulsion to always have the latest and greatest TakeCommand! Thanks for the reply. :)

I did the automated update to 14.02.42 x64 on my Windows 7 x64 machine the other day. It ran just fine for a day or so and now it crashes (I saved the three crash files that were generated if they do anyone any good). I completely uninstalled TCMD using Revo and purged leftover registry entries. Then I downloaded the latest installer from jpsoft.com and ran it. Post-install and it still crashes. I think I will try to see if the tcmdx64.exe in the root of the ftp server will work next (from Aug 28). What's odd is that it worked for a day (actually, there was a crash one time yesterday). If the earlier version doesn't work I'll try a roll back to two days ago.
Update: I installed 14.02.34 and it's crashing on startup, too, so it must be something else.. I'll try a rollback..