Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Take Command gets slow, have to restart

Jul
I can't figure out why this happens and I haven't been able to find any reports of this by other users. I find that my Take Command window will become very slow and laggy - this includes typing and also in doing things like changing directories. If I close it down and restart it, things go back to normal (fast and snappy).

TCC 16.02.48 x64 on Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
Registered

Don't know whether this is relevant or not, but the latest release of v16 was 16.03.55. Updating to that version might not help, but almost certainly wouldn't hurt.

I have this phenomenon too. Keyboard input becomes almost unresponsive; tab completion writes characters so slowly that I see them written one by one.
It's hard to characterize. I see it only on my home computer. It's not directly reproducible. However I guess it could be related to connecting a USB drive, which triggers a USBMONITOR command that writes (ECHO) to the console, and this could create havoc in the console (conhost).
I recently changed the command (test on %_TCTABACTIVE) so that it writes only in the active tab TCMD, which is likely to (and even supposed to) be idle. It's too soon for me to say if this solves the issue. If the problem keeps showing I could try to to launch a TCC and have the command write there.