Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Take Command shows "Administrator:" in the title bar

Aug
TC 12.10, latest version: Take Command shows "Administrator: TC 12.10 -TCC" although my user name is "thorsten". I would like it to not show any user name (since I already integrated it into my TCC prompt), but definitely not "Administrator". I am member of the Administrators group and UAC is completely off.

Additional bug: the "titleprompt" mentioned in the documentation ("TITLEPROMPT can be used to specify the contents of TCC's window title. [...]"):
thorsten@hombre[C:\]> titleprompt
TCC: Unknown command "titleprompt"

Take Command shows "Administrator:" in the title bar (plus additional bug)

| TC 12.10, latest version: Take Command shows "Administrator: TC 12.10
| -TCC" although my user name is "thorsten". I would like it to not
| show any user name (since I already integrated it into my TCC
| prompt), but definitely not "Administrator". I am member of the
| Administrators group and UAC is completely off.

You did not show what commands you use to generate the title, nor even which title you are referring to:
- TCMD window title
- tab title of a TCC session in TCMD
- standalone TCC window title

| Additional bug: the "titleprompt" mentioned in the documentation
| ("TITLEPROMPT can be used to specify the contents of TCC's window
| title. [...]"):
| thorsten@hombre[C:\]> titleprompt
| TCC: Unknown command "titleprompt"

TITLEPROMPT is an environment variable which must be assigned a value using the SET command. It is listed in HELP under TCC and TCC/LE -> Variables & Functions -> System Variables. The text makes it clear: "modifying its value..."

You can use the TITLE command instead!
--
HTH, Steve

re: Take Command shows "Administrator:" in the title bar

TC 12.10, latest version: Take Command shows "Administrator: TC 12.10 -TCC" although my user name is "thorsten". I would like it to not show any user name (since I already integrated it into my TCC prompt), but definitely not "Administrator". I am member of the Administrators group and UAC is completely off.

WAD - "Administrator:" isn't a user name, it is displayed (like CMD.EXE) when you start an elevated TCMD process.

Additional bug: the "titleprompt" mentioned in the documentation ("TITLEPROMPT can be used to specify the contents of TCC's window title. [...]"):
thorsten@hombre[C:\]> titleprompt
TCC: Unknown command "titleprompt"

Not a bug -- TITLEPROMPT is an environment variable, not a command.

WAD... Okay, not what I would prefer, but I can live with that. Having an option for that nevertheless might make sense.

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 08:31:28 -0400, rconn <> wrote:

|WAD - "Administrator:" isn't a user name, it is displayed (like CMD.EXE) when you start an elevated TCMD process.

Who does that, TCC or Windows? I'll start playing with Windows 7 later this
summer and I'll be very disappointed (and vocal about it) if I have to look at
that.

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 08:31:28 -0400, rconn <> wrote:

|WAD - "Administrator:" isn't a user name, it is displayed (like CMD.EXE) when you start an elevated TCMD process.

that.
As Rex mentioned, even CMD.EXE does it, so it's Windows. But if I set TITLEPROMPT, the "Administrator:" and everything else does get replaced by whatever I set it to.

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 12:32:58 -0400, TEA-Time <> wrote:

|As Rex mentioned, even CMD.EXE does it, so it's Windows. But if I set TITLEPROMPT, the "Administrator:" and everything else does get replaced by whatever I set it to.

FTP.EXE doesn't do it.

that.

TCC does it for the default title for compatibility with CMD. If you don't like it, don't run elevated. Or change the title.